Monday, February 9, 2009

An Interesting Difference

I can't speak for the rest of my DE cohort but I am not finding it as easy to navigate through the eLearning environment this semester as I did last semester. Our professors last semester had everything neatly organized by class meeting. You simply clicked on the date and everything was there -- powerpoint slides, list of readings, assignments and what they were. I'm having to do a little more work this semester to keep track of what needs to be read, downloaded, or done. This means I have to invest a bit more time in order to feel that I've got the "what," "when," and "why" down, but the way I look at it, I'm learning new things.

Our web site assignments are due next week. Boy, has that ever been a learning experience! Designing and hand coding a web site, I've discovered, is much like being a parent: the most awfully wonderful thing in the world! It is so frustrating trying to figure out why something doesn't work the way you want. But then when you do -- and you post it -- and look at it -- and it all . . . well, looks good -- SHAZZAM! You feel like a million bucks. I don't know if the rest of my classmates feel that way or not. I suspect some of them will be glad when the dreaded task is done but I'm learning so much and I find it very fulfilling.

More later . . .

No comments: